I thought it was time to share a quick & easy recipe from my kitchen! This is one of my kids and entire family's favorites, not to mention that it is one of the simplest and cheapest to make!
My daughter loves Taco Bell's "Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes" and so I created this recipe one night when she wanted Taco Bell and my budget said no to eating out!
Minimal ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
Start with potatoes and use as many as you want based on how many you are feeding. When I photographed these, I was only feeding 4 of us and had other side dishes, but many times in the past I have made much more and served it by itself with just a meat. Potatoes and starches in general are very filling, so it works either way!
1) Peel your potatoes
2) Cut potatoes into halves or slices. Large enough that they won't get too mushy when boiled.
3) Boil potatoes until tender but not too mushy, then drain
4) Pour potatoes into a casserole dish of choice ( I spread butter and grated parmesan on the bottom of dish)
5) Add butter (lots!) and your choice of seasonings and cheeses. (I use Lawrys Seasoning Salt and Grated Parmesan Cheese. If I happen to have any leftover shredded cheese in the fridge, I top them off with that.
6) Place in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or just until they start to brown
7) Serve and enjoy!
This is a great impromptu choice if you keep potatoes in the house-just use whatever seasonings you have on hand and experiment, based on your households favorites. Mine love cheese, so it's an easy one!
Get Thrifty Little Deals, Coupons, furniture makeovers and thrifty living tips directly to your Inbox!