Thrifty Little Things Blog - Wendy Kohn Thrifty Little Things Blog
HOME | {FURNITURE MAKEOVERS} {DIY PROJECTS} {DECOR IDEAS} {RECIPES} {THRIFTY LIVING TIPS} {DEALS} {COUPONS}
{ CONTACT} | {PR/MEDIA INQUIRIES}

Featured Post

BEST BRUSHES FOR CHALK PAINT, MINERAL OR CLAY BASED PAINTS

BEST BRUSHES FOR CHALK PAINT, MINERAL OR CLAY BASED PAINTS One of the biggest mistakes people make when painting with Chalk Paint , Minera...

ANNIE SLOAN CHALK PAINT™ COFFEE TABLE MAKEOVER WITH NUMBERS

I've been asked several times about the numbered table makeover so we're bringing it back from the archives! It was definately a fun and unique project, so here ya go if you missed it the first time!

I'm so excited to share my latest Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ Coffee Table Makeover (WITH NUMBERS) with you! This one took me a couple days as I was using my insomnia creativity and making up the style as I went along :D
I've been painting furniture for so long that I am continuously thinking out of the box with custom mixing colors, repurposing pieces and trying to paint each piece in a way that really gives it new life and makes it unique. I think this one definately did that!

I started out with this poor old coffee table - extremely worn from many years of use, and just a square so nothing special about it. The plus is the bottom shelf for extra decor or storage and that it is extremely heavy, solid wood! So, I decided to test out a mismatched numbers collection on top, just to give it some pizazz.

I started out with one coat of Old White. I then used French Linen on the top center square. Once I sanded that all down to a beautifully smooth and chalky finish, I then arranged the mismatched style and size number stencils how I liked and lightly stenciled them on top.

From there, I sanded the letters down to give a time worn look and then distressed the rest of the table. This followed by a hefty coat of hand rubbed clear wax to finish it off and protect from further wear.

Here's the BEFORE, DURING & AFTER progression....

I love it and think it took a very plain, headed for the landfill piece and brought it into this decade Neutral colors so it is versatile for use and rooms in the house.

For Stanly County locals, keep in mind that I'm available for individual and group classes to teach you how to create with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™! You can get more info and order paint HERE

What do you think? I'd Love to hear in the comments below!


P.S. Don't miss another Thrifty Little Thing! Get them directly to your Inbox by subscribing to our FREE newsletter HERE

P.S.S. If you enjoyed this post, be sure to SHARE & Follow on Facebook and Twitter, plus PIN IT on Pinterest!